Back to Careers
Senior Backend/Infrastructure Engineer
We're looking for a Senior Backend/Infrastructure Engineer to join our founding team of 6 working directly with our CEO (an engineer), CTO (also an engineer 😉), founding engineering team, and our super-talented designer (who can also code 🎉 ) on creating high quality products with great UX in record time. A strong candidate will have:
- Specific familiarity in one or more systems languages like Rust, C/C++, GO, and/or Swift.
- General familiarity with databases, database internals, distributed systems, data pipelines/warehouses.
- Bonus points for familiarity with one or more "esoteric" languages such as Haskell, Scala, and/or Clojure.
Talented engineers can pick up new languages and frameworks quickly. Here’s
what our tech stack looks like today, but if you come with a better way of
doing things we’re flexible and committed to building the best tools for our
customers no matter what!
- We use Rust throughout the backend, giving us extremely fast performance
with strong security guarantees.
- Our frontend is written using Svelte and TypeScript. We leverage
websockets to give users high speed interactivity with their log data.
- Our query system leverages highly burstable compute provided by serverless
components like Amazon Lambdas and SQS. Queries are coordinated using
Elasticache Redis clusters.,
- We use S3 to store logs at scale and DynamoDB to store metadata.
- Our log ingestion API servers run in Kubernetes clusters managed in Amazon
- We use infrastructure-as-code tools like Pulumi to manage our deployments
and cloud infrastructure.
If you're interested in joining Scanner, please send us your LinkedIn,
resume, and/or Github at